CONTENTS

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Doodling with fabric

I'm taking my time to decide what's next and giving myself permission to just pootle around without having an end in mind. A couple of years ago I bought a piece of dyed fabric from Ineke Berlyn which intrigued me because it ran from yellow through red to blue. Over the last couple of days I've done a lot of sewing and un-sewing to come up with this small square (45cm ish) which may or may not have a future. Either way, it was fun to do with only the fabric deciding the next step .

 

2 comments:

Sandra Wyman said...

Ooh this looks promising - looking forward to seeing how it develops. Am about to start some doodling myself - having unearthed a whole lot of dyed fabric strips

Julie said...

A fascinating use of a variably dyed fabric and it's looking good. I'm glad your quilt for Festival got there OK and thank you for reminding me about Gillian Travis.