CONTENTS

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Green with a hint of surprise

This is my latest piece for the international challenge group 12bythedozen . The colour apple green was chosen by was chosen by fellow member Heather Dubreuil whose work I particularly admire.
I've been playing with some fairly minimal pieces recently and this seemed like a good opportunity to go one step further, using just the green blocks of colour on a white background with a white grid of stitching to define the structure. That's where the surprise came in - I drew the grid with a water erasable pen and liked the turquoise line so much that I stitched one in, instead of using white as I intended.  Minimal, me?





2 comments:

Heather Dubreuil said...

Your piece reminds me of musical rhythms, Linda. The blue line is inspired!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I like very much. There's a lot to be said for minimalist work - sometimes a visual relief after looking at so many over the top designs where people insist more is more is a good thing. This one kinda takes me back to the 60's.